Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Jack's Best Day Ever

 

So when this summer began, I thought that I would have TONS of time to take a lot of pictures and keep up with the blog.  With the kids at day camp for several weeks and at the lake for one, I thought that I would have entirely too much to post about.

Hmmmmm.  How is that going for me?

Update on kids: they love Tate's Camp. They have learned how to swim (for real this time!), dive and jump off the diving board, fetch things off the bottom of the pool, and generally re-discover life without electronics. Oh, and we saw Harry Potter ( more on that in another post...)

Update on me: I have taken advantage of being alone in the house by cleaning out and redecorating. I cannot do this with anyone else around as the kids will not throw out anything and Scott would throw out everything if left unattended. It's been a messy, long project, but the house looks great and we can start the school year off with a clean, organized house. We'll see how long that lasts. Also, I wanted to get that project done before we open the Taylor Bed and Breakfast for Football Season. Lest you think I am complaining, that's my favorite time of year. I love football company, just be prepared for my house to be decked in orange if you are a fan of the visiting team. Oh, and I saw Harry Potter a couple of times.

But, Vaiden, didn't you title this post "Jack's Best Day Ever"?  Focus!

The third-most anticipated event of the summer was Jack's Maiden Voyage to the lake.  Part of our decision to get Jack was influenced by the fact that he could go with us on lake trips.  It would be fun for us, and we assumed that it would be fun for him.  Although I don't plan to use Jack as a hunting dog, hundreds of years of breeding would mean that he might enjoy some retrieving in the water.

I know that Yellow Labs are famous for their "smiles", but this Black Lab was the happiest creature in civilization that day.  I would have taken more pictures, but I was too busy laughing until my sides hurt.  Jack took to water like...well, like a duck dog takes to water.  We are counting the days until we can take him back, and I am quite sure he is, too. 

For Jack (and most of us Taylors), this is the gateway to Paradise.


You can fly, Jack!  You're the king of the world!









I love Pickwick sunsets.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments: